At George Ellis Property Services, we create a bespoke solution for every individual block management instruction we receive. At George Ellis Property Services we firmly believe in a long term relationship with our clients and an understanding of their requirements to provide the correct service.
After a consultation and site meeting, George Ellis Property Services will discuss the services required and the involvement of both parties, and from there we will draw up a management contract, setting out our duties to run the block efficiently and cost effectively. Our emphasis is to offer a hands on proactive style of management offering quick response times. Emails are dealt with in 24 hours, calls are answered swiftly with no switchboard involved and we also offer a 24-hour emergency telephone service provided by staff members.
We have full Public Indemnity insurance cover and adhere to strict professional standards of business conduct. We prefer to take instructions within a 5 mile radius to our site, as we feel this is a crucial point in block management in the event of an emergency, a rapid response can save money and help sort out a complicated situation effectively.
We would include the following services to you as part of our management fee;
- Dealing with all day to day lessee and Directors enquiries promptly.
- Producing an annual service charge budget, firstly agreed with the Board of Directors.
- Attending an annual AGM of the residents.
- Sending out the service charge demands as per the budget.
- Chasing arrears as necessary.
- Regular inspections of the block and monitoring of all contractors and maintenance contracts
- including any pumps, lifts, water tanks and electronic gates (if applicable)
- Producing the ledgers, invoices and bank statements and sending everything over to your
- independent auditors/accountant for the production of the annual service charge accounts.
- Dealing with minor works and repairs at the property.
- Organising regular competitive quotes with contractors and utility companies.
- Dealing with normal accounts and arrears queries from lessees.
- Organising the block insurance policy for the block.
Matters that we would handle that are not included in our regular management fees;
- Major S.20 works required to the building (cyclical internal and external redecorations and other works)
- “Event fees” such as Pre-Contract sales enquiries.
- Company Secretarial issues
We would upon request send you details of any extra charges that were required.